The Calth Blue Clear – Air Paint from Citadel Colour is a versatile and high-quality acrylic paint specifically designed for miniature painting. Its unique formula creates a translucent, crystal-clear base coat that acts as a foundation for other colours, allowing them to shine through while providing a vibrant and vivid tint. The pigments in this paint are carefully selected to create a brilliant and bold blue hue, perfect for adding life to soldiers, tanks, machinery, and other elements in the Warhammer 40K universe. With a smooth and even coverage, this paint provides a beginner-friendly palette that can be used to create stunning, eye-catching works of art.
What vehicle armies to paint with Calth Blue Clear – Air Paint
The Calth Blue Clear – Air Paint from Citadel Colour is a versatile color that can be used on a variety of vehicles in the Warhammer 40K universe. When painting vehicles with this paint, it’s best to consider the faction you want to represent. Here are 3 options:
- Imperial Guard – The Imperial Guard is one of the factions of the Imperium and their vehicles often feature blues and greys. Calth Blue Clear is a great choice to create a smooth, metallic finish on their tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.
- Space Marines – The Space Marines are a faction known for their blue power armor and it’s often a popular choice for painting their vehicles, including their Rhino and Predator tanks.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – The Adeptus Mechanicus is a tech-priest faction known for their advanced technology and they often feature blue and brass color schemes on their vehicles. Calth Blue Clear can be used to create the blue accents on their machines.
When deciding which vehicles to paint with Calth Blue Clear, it’s important to consider the overall color palette of the army, as well as the intended mood and atmosphere of the army. A balanced use of different hues, tones, and shades can help bring your army to life and create a visually striking and cohesive force.
Calth Blue Clear – Air Paint Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to pairing with Calth Blue Clear – Air Paint, the use of browns, oranges and coppers can create a warm and striking contrast. These complementary colours can be used to create contrast and depth on your model, bringing out the blue tones.
A few examples of Citadel Colours that you can use to achieve this effect include:
- Armageddon Dust: This is a warm light brown color, which can be used to add highlights and shading to areas that are exposed to sunlight.
- Hashut Copper: This is a bright copper color, which can be used to paint metallic elements on vehicles or infantry.
- Tanned Flesh: This is an orange-brown color that can be used to create a warm base for your models.
By using these complementary colours, you can create a balanced and harmonious look on your model, making the blue tones of Calth Blue Clear – Air Paint pop.