The Castellan Green paint from Citadel Colours is a deep, emerald green that captures the lush, verdant nature of the eponymous terrain.
Its rich, vibrant hue is like a shimmering jewel, sparkling with life and energy.
Whether used as a base coat or for shading and highlighting, this paint is a must-have for any hobbyist looking to create a sense of vibrant, thriving wilderness on their models.
In comparison to its close relative, the Deathworld Forest paint, Castellan Green is a brighter and more vibrant shade, almost glowing with life and vitality.
What armies to paint with Castellan Green?
There are several Warhammer 40K Imperial factions that can be painted using Castellan Green. Here are a few options:
- Imperial Guard: The paint is a great choice for painting the armor of Imperial Guard soldiers, as it captures the lush, verdant nature of the Imperium’s worlds. Using this paint creates a sense of rugged, outdoor toughness on the models, adding to their sense of practicality and resilience.
- Space Marines: This paint is also a good choice for painting the armor of Space Marines, particularly those belonging to chapters with a connection to nature or the environment. This paint is particularly effective for creating a sense of harmony with the natural world on the models, adding to their sense of nobility and honour.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: The Castellan Green paint can also be used to paint Adeptus Mechanicus models, adding a touch of nature and organic life to the otherwise mechanical and technological theme of the army. Use this paint to highlight details and edges, adding to the overall sense of progress and advancement.
Castellan Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
Here is a list of green, bronze, and copper Citadel Colour paints that can be used in combination with Castellan Green to create a range of effects and styles:
- Moot Green: This deep, earthy green paint pairs well with Castellan Green, creating a sense of balance and harmony. It can be used to add depth and contrast to models painted with Castellan Green, creating a sense of verdant life and growth.
- Balthasar Gold: This metallic bronze paint adds a touch of warmth and richness to your miniatures. It can be used to highlight details and create a sense of ancient history and culture.
- Hashut Copper: This metallic copper paint is a great choice for adding a touch of warmth and energy to your models. It can be used to highlight edges and recesses, creating a sense of movement and dynamism.