Corvus Black – Air Paint is a rich, dark black pigment with a matte finish. It is an acrylic-based paint that is perfect for use as a base coat for miniature painting. Its deep color provides a solid foundation for layering and highlighting other colors, making it an ideal choice for beginners or those looking for a reliable, high-coverage black paint. The Corvus Black – Air paint can be used in many different ways to create realistic shadows and depth in your miniatures.
What armies to paint with Corvus Black – Air Paint
- The Adeptus Mechanicus – The Corvus Black paint is a great choice for painting the armored soldiers and machinery of the Adeptus Mechanicus. The paint’s rich black tone and matte finish create a stark contrast with the brass and steel elements of the Adeptus Mechanicus’ armor and weapons.
- The Imperial Guard – This paint is ideal for painting the tanks, artillery, and infantry of the Imperial Guard. This paint’s dark, matte finish is perfect for creating the shadowed, battle-worn look of the Imperial Guard’s vehicles and soldiers. Additionally, it creates a sense of uniformity, creating a cohesive look among the different units.
- The Necrons – Guess what? Corvus Black is also the perfect paint to use when painting the sleek, metallic Necron warriors and their advanced technology. The dark, matte finish of the Corvus Black paint creates a smooth, uniform look that captures the Necrons’ otherworldly appearance.
These armies were chosen because of their dark, industrial, and/or metallic aesthetic which would fit very well with the color of Corvus Black – Air Paint. It also gives a lot of versatility for highlighting and shading with other colors.
Corvus Black – Air Paint Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to pairing Citadel Colour paints with Corvus Black, you have a lot of options to choose from. However, for a striking and dynamic look, I would recommend using orange, grey, and silver paints.
- Orange is a complementary color to black, meaning that it sits opposite on the color wheel and creates a high contrast look when used together. A great example of an orange paint from Citadel Colour would be Averland Sunset.
- Grey is a neutral color that can help to tone down the boldness of the orange, while still adding depth and dimension to your miniature. Leadbelcher or Ironbreaker are good examples of grey paints.
- Silver is a metallic color that can be used to add highlights and bring out the details of your miniature. This color is especially effective when used in combination with black, as it creates a sense of depth and movement. Longbeard Grey or Stormhost Silver are good examples of silver paint.
When used together, these colors create a bold and striking look that is perfect for armies that are dark and menacing, such as the Imperial Guard, Death Guard, or Black Legion. These colors can be used for highlighting,shading and creating a sense of depth and detail.