Citadel Colour’s Lahmian Medium paint is a versatile base coat that can be used as a foundation for miniature painting. The pigments in this acrylic paint offer excellent coverage, making it a great choice for beginners. Its matte finish provides a smooth, even base for adding additional colours to your miniatures, making it a staple in any miniature painter’s palette. Think of it as the canvas for your miniature painting masterpiece – it sets the stage for the vibrant colours to come and brings depth and dimension to your creations.
What armies to paint with Lahmian Medium
Three Warhammer 40K armies that you can paint with Lahmian Medium are the Imperial Guard, the Space Marines, and the Necrons. These factions were chosen because they all have a mix of infantry and machinery, which means they require a versatile base coat that can be used on a variety of surfaces.
- The Imperial Guard is a force comprised of soldiers in powered armor, tanks, and heavy artillery. Lahmian Medium works well as a base coat for the Guard’s iconic blue and yellow color scheme, giving it a smooth, even foundation for further highlights and details.
- The Space Marines, a symbol of humanity’s military might in the Warhammer 40K universe, have a mix of infantry and armored vehicles, including their iconic Land Raiders and Predator tanks. Lahmian Medium can be used as a base for the Space Marines’ gleaming power armor, creating a smooth, even surface for the metallic details.
- Finally, the Necrons are a faction of robotic soldiers and machines, and Lahmian Medium works well as a base for the Necrons’ silver and green color scheme. The smooth, even coverage it provides allows for easy shading and highlighting, bringing depth and dimension to the Necrons’ sleek and deadly machines.
Overall, Lahmian Medium’s versatility and smooth, even coverage make it a great choice for painting a variety of armies in the Warhammer 40K universe.
Lahmian Medium Colour Schemes & Combinations
When painting with Lahmian Medium, you can use the following flesh, bone, and purple Citadel Colour paints to create a variety of effects and color combinations:
- Cadian Fleshtone – A warm flesh tone that works well as a base for human skin tones, creating a natural-looking complexion.
- Ushabti Bone – A creamy bone tone that can be used to paint bones and other neutral elements in your miniatures, providing a harmonious balance between light and dark colors.
- Xereus Purple – A bold purple hue that works well as a split-complementary color to the warm flesh tones and bone colors. Xereus Purple can be used to add a pop of color to your miniatures and create interest and contrast.
These paint colors were chosen based on their compatibility with each other and their ability to create a harmonious balance between hues.
The combination of these colors can help you achieve a cohesive, natural-looking paint job, whether you’re highlighting skin, shading bones, or creating bold highlights on your miniatures.