The Thousand Sons Blue paint from Citadel Colours is a rich, magical shade of blue that seems to shimmer and shift before your eyes.
It’s the kind of colour that would make any miniature or model stand out, like a genie emerging from a bottle.
It’s a shade that’s as ethereal as a dream and as hypnotic as a swirling warp vortex, yet it’s also bold and vibrant, like the depths of a clear ocean.
Whether you’re looking to add a touch of otherworldly beauty to your tabletop army or just want to bring your models to life, the Thousand Sons Blue paint is sure to cast a hypnotic spell on your opponent.
What armies to paint with Thousand Sons Blue?
- Thousand Sons – A Chaos Space Marine army in the Warhammer 40K universe, having as the signature colour a rich, magical blue. Thousand Sons Blue would be the perfect choice for anyone looking to recreate the look of the Thousand Sons on their miniatures or models.
- Necrons – An ancient, undead alien race in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their colour scheme often features metallic blues and greens. Thousand Sons Blue would be a great choice for adding highlights and accents to Necron models, helping to bring out the intricate details and give them an otherworldly, undead look.
- Harlequins – An enigmatic, acrobatic alien race in the Warhammer 40K universe, and their colour scheme regularly features bright, vibrant tones. Thousand Sons Blue would be a great choice for adding pops of colour and contrast to Harlequin models, helping to draw the eye and add visual interest. Imagine the Thousand Sons Blue paint as the finishing touch of the Harlequin’s already eye-catching colour scheme.
Thousand Sons Blue Colour Schemes & Combinations
Here are a few yellow, orange, and gold paints from Citadel Colours that would complement Thousand Sons Blue beautifully, based on colour theory:
- Averland Sunset – A bright, warm shade of yellow that would provide a nice contrast to the cool, dark tones of Thousand Sons Blue. Yellow is opposite blue on the color wheel, so it creates a high-contrast, complementary combination. Averland Sunset would be great for adding pops of color and contrast, helping to draw the eye and add visual interest.
- Jokaero Orange – A bright, vibrant shade of orange that would pair well with Thousand Sons Blue. Orange is a warm, energetic blush that can add vibrancy and excitement to a color scheme, and it would help to offset the cool, dark tones of Thousand Sons Blue. Jokaero Orange would be great for adding contrast to areas painted with Thousand Sons Blue.
- Retributor Armour – A rich, metallic gold paint that would be a perfect match for Thousand Sons Blue. Gold is a warm, opulent hue that would help to balance out the cool, dark tones of Thousand Sons Blue. Retributor Armour would be great for adding highlights and accents, helping to give your models a regal, otherworldly look.