The Kislev Flesh paint from Citadel Colour is an acrylic paint that is perfect for use as a base coat when painting miniatures. This paint is formulated to provide a rich, matt finish that is perfect for creating a foundation for other colors, creating a natural-looking flesh tone. The pigments used in this paint are carefully selected to provide excellent coverage, making it easy for beginner miniature painters to use. With its smooth consistency, it glides effortlessly on miniatures, providing a perfect base for the artist’s imagination to run wild, creating realistic and natural-looking figures. The Kislev Flesh paint is specifically designed to paint the Kislevite, a human nation in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.
What armies from the Warhammer universe to paint with Kislev Flesh
- Kislev – Kislev is a human nation in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, Kislev Flesh paint is specifically designed for painting the Kislevites, with its natural-looking flesh tone, it will help to bring out the details and characteristics of these warriors, making them look more realistic and lifelike.
- Empire – The Empire is one of the human factions of the Warhammer Fantasy universe, Kislev Flesh paint can be used to paint the flesh of the soldiers of the Empire, from the standard soldiers to the more specialized units such as the Greatswords, and the Demigryph knights.
- Bretonnia – Bretonnia is a human nation in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, Kislev Flesh paint can be used to paint the flesh of the Bretonnian Knights, as well as to create a variety of different skin tones, from the standard pale skin to more tanned skin, making it a versatile paint that can be used to paint a variety of different factions.
The decision to list these specific armies was made based on the fact that they are all human factions in the Warhammer Fantasy universe and Kislev Flesh paint was designed to paint human flesh. These armies are some of the most popular factions in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, and are often used by players and painters alike.
Kislev Flesh Colour Schemes & Combinations
Based on the principles of color theory, which states that complementary and analogous colors should be utilized to produce a sense of balance and contrast, the choice to include these particular paints was made.
- Abaddon Black – Abaddon Black is a rich, dark black paint that can be used to create shadows and add depth to the Kislev Flesh paint. Black is a neutral color that will create a strong contrast with the warm flesh tone, making the miniatures look more realistic.
- Retributor Armour Gold – Retributor Armour Gold is a metallic paint that has a gold finish. This can be used to paint the armor, weapons and other metallic elements of the Kislevite miniatures, adding a sense of luxury and richness. The gold color will complement the flesh color and provide a balance between the two hues.
- Nurgling Green – Nurgling Green is a vibrant, bright green paint that can be used to create highlights and add a sense of energy to the Kislev Flesh paint. Green is an analogous color to pink, the undertones of which are present in the Kislev Flesh paint, so it will make the miniatures pop out.
It is commonly recognized that black, gold, and green complement flesh tones and can be utilized to produce a range of various effects, from highlights to shadows. Together, these hues will improve the overall appearance of the miniatures painted with Kislev Flesh. The miniatures will appear more realistic and three-dimensional thanks to the metallic paint.