Citadel Colour’s Yriel Yellow is a high-quality acrylic paint that is perfect for miniature painting. The base coat is a bright, lemon-yellow that provides excellent coverage and a matt finish. The pigments used in the paint are carefully selected to create a vibrant and dynamic color that will make your miniatures stand out. Yriel Yellow is a great foundation colour for any beginner’s palette, providing a solid base for layering and highlighting, it can be used as an alternative to Flash Gitz Yellow.
What Xenos Armies to paint with Yriel Yellow
- The Necrons: Yriel Yellow can be used to paint the Necron’s glowing energy fields, as well as their metallic armor. The bright, vibrant yellow is perfect for highlighting the details of their machinery and soldiers, as well as creating a sense of otherworldly energy.
- The T’au Empire: The T’au Empire is a faction of xenos known for their advanced technology and use of drones. Yriel Yellow can be used to paint the drones and machinery of the T’au, as well as the energy fields that surround their weapons. This color can also be used to create a color scheme that mimics the color of the T’au’s battlesuit.
- The Orks: Orks are known for their bright, garish colors and Yriel Yellow can be used to paint the details of their guns and vehicles. It can also be used to create a sense of energy and movement on the miniatures, as well as to create a sense of chaos and anarchy.
These armies were chosen as they are all part of the Xeno factions, and they all make use of yellow in their armor, machinery or energy fields in a way or another. Yriel Yellow is a great paint for achieving a bright and vibrant yellow that works well for these factions, and it could be used as an alternative to other yellow colors.
Yriel Yellow Colour Schemes & Combinations
The following hues were selected because they are split-complementary, complementary, and analogous to yellow. They go well with Yriel Yellow and can be utilized to add highlights, shadows, and balance for a more dynamic and fascinating color scheme. These hues can also be combined with metallic paints to accentuate the miniature’s detailing.
- Nurgling Green: Nurgling Green is a bright, vibrant green color that can be used to create a striking contrast with Yriel Yellow. As a complementary colour to yellow, it can be used to create a sense of visual tension on the miniature, and it can be used to paint the details of the miniature, like eyes, lenses or gems.
- Khorne Red: Khorne Red is a deep, rich red color that can be used to create a split-complementary color scheme with Yriel Yellow. This color can be used to create a sense of movement and energy on the miniature, as well as to break the monotony of the yellow.
- Xereus Purple: Xereus Purple is a purple color that can be used in combination with Yriel Yellow to create an analogous color scheme. This color can be used to create a sense of depth and balance on the miniature, and can also be used to paint the details of the miniature.