The Sydonian Dragoon, a remarkable creation of Adeptus Mechanicus ingenuity, defies the boundaries of thermodynamics and stands as a testament to the relentless pursuit of technological advancement. As the equine-inspired cavalry of the Skitarii, these mechanized warriors charge into battle with unwavering resolve.
Contained within the box are a multitude of options, allowing for extensive customization and personalization. The model can be equipped with either a taser lance or radium jezzail, each with holstered versions available for added realism. Additionally, the option to incorporate a phosphor serpenta enhances the versatility of the configuration. The adjustable legs provide the opportunity to pose the Dragoon in two distinct positions, while the maneuverable suspensors allow for different angles. Adorned with an array of sensors, monitors, and intricate arrays, the miniature embodies the signature aesthetics of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
Sydonian Dragoon Datasheets
What’s in the Adeptus Mechanicus Sydonian Dragoon box
- x80 parts: The kit includes a generous number of components, providing ample options for customization and assembly. With this kit, you can construct either a Sydonian Dragoon or an Ironstrider Ballistarii, offering versatility in your Adeptus Mechanicus forces.
- x1 Small transfer sheet: The kit also includes a small transfer sheet, which offers a selection of decals and markings. These can be applied to enhance the visual appeal of your completed model, adding intricate details and personalization.
- x1 105x70mm oval base: To provide a stable and suitable foundation for your constructed model, the kit includes a 105x70mm oval base. This base not only supports the model but also complements its size and stature, ensuring a secure and visually appealing display.
How to paint the Adeptus Mechanicus Sydonian Dragoon set
- Step 1: Basecoat the model
Start by applying a basecoat to the Adeptus Mechanicus Sydonian Dragoon using a color like Mechanicus Standard Grey to cover the main areas of the model.
- Step 2: Paint the metallic parts
Using Leadbelcher, paint the metallic components of the model, such as the armor plates and mechanical parts. Ensure a smooth and even coverage to give the model a metallic appearance.
- Step 3: Highlight the metallic areas
Apply a lighter shade, like Ironbreaker, to the edges and raised areas of the metallic parts to create highlights and enhance the three-dimensional look of the model.
- Step 4: Paint the robes and cloth
Choose a color like Mephiston Red to paint the robes and cloth sections of the Sydonian Dragoon. Apply multiple thin layers to achieve smooth and vibrant results.
- Step 5: Add details and accents
Use colors such as Abaddon Black for small details like cables and hoses, and Balthasar Gold for ornaments and trim. These accents will bring out the intricate details of the model.
- Step 6: Paint the weapons and equipment
Select a suitable color like Warplock Bronze for the weapons and equipment of the Sydonian Dragoon. Apply thin layers to ensure good coverage and avoid obscuring the fine details.
- Step 7: Highlight the details
Using a lighter shade such as Runelord Brass, carefully apply highlights to the weapons and equipment, focusing on raised edges and surfaces to add depth and visual interest.
- Step 8: Finishing touches
Apply additional details as desired, such as squad markings or unit insignia, using appropriate colors. This will personalize your Sydonian Dragoon and add character to the model.
- Step 9: Varnish for protection
To protect your painted model, apply a layer of varnish. This will help preserve the colors and prevent chipping or damage during gameplay or handling.