Armiger-class Knights, although smaller and more agile than their larger counterparts, are still formidable war machines. These highly maneuverable walkers are piloted by young squires or skilled lowborn pilots, serving as mobile support and outriders to protect larger Knights from being surrounded. They receive commands from their Noble lords through the Helm Mechanicum. Among the Armigers, the Armiger Helverins stand out as versatile mobile weapons platforms capable of devastating enemy assaults with their twin autocannons, unleashing a relentless barrage of heavy fire that can cripple both heavy infantry and light vehicles.
This multipart plastic kit allows you to construct two Armiger-class Knights, providing the choice between Armiger Helverins and Armiger Warglaives. Armiger Helverins are an excellent long-range option for Lords of War, offering crucial fire support to your Imperial Knights army. Alternatively, they can be assembled as a wandering Freeblade squadron to bolster other forces within the Imperium. Each Armiger Helverin comes equipped with twin autocannons and the option to mount a heavy stubber or meltagun on its carapace. The kit offers various customization possibilities, including articulated poses, armor plating, and six distinct faceplates. With their large carapaces, these Armigers present an exciting painting project.
Armiger Helverins Datasheets
What’s in the Armiger Helverins box
- x148 plastic components: This kit includes all the necessary plastic components to build 2 Armiger-class Knights. Additionally, the kit can be used to assemble a pair of War Dog Executioners or War Dog Huntsmen for Chaos Knights armies, expanding the options for your forces.
- x2 Citadel 100mm Round Bases: The kit comes with two Citadel 100mm Round Bases to provide a stable foundation for each Armiger.
- x1 Armiger transfer sheet: Included in the kit is a transfer sheet featuring heraldry specifically designed for Imperial Knights. These transfers allow you to add intricate and detailed markings to your Armiger models, enhancing their visual appeal and personalization.
How to paint the Armiger Helverins set
- Step 1: Basecoat the Armiger Helverins using a black primer spray to provide a solid foundation for your paint.
- Step 2: Apply a base layer of Mechanicus Standard Grey to the main body of the Armigers, ensuring even coverage and smooth application.
- Step 3: Paint the metallic areas, such as the autocannons and armor plating, with a layer of Leadbelcher. This will give them a metallic appearance.
- Step 4: Use Abaddon Black to carefully paint the joints and smaller details, ensuring precision and neatness.
- Step 5: Apply a layer of Mephiston Red to the cockpit canopy and any other desired areas for a striking accent color.
- Step 6: Highlight the edges of the armor plates with an edge highlighting technique using Administratum Grey. This will add depth and definition to the model.
- Step 7: Add weathering effects by dry brushing the Armigers with a light layer of Ryza Rust. This will create a worn and battle-hardened look.
- Step 8: Use Agrax Earthshade to apply a wash over the metallic areas to add depth and enhance the appearance of the armor and weapons.
- Step 9: Paint the cockpit controls and details with colors such as Averland Sunset for buttons and switches, and Caliban Green for screens or indicators.
- Step 10: Finish the model by adding decals or freehand details using the Armiger transfer sheet provided, such as Imperial Knights heraldry or personal markings.
- Step 11: Apply a matte varnish spray to protect the paint job and give the model a consistent finish.