As a table-top expert, it’s crucial to have a well-balanced army composition to dominate the battlefield. While a massed infantry approach can certainly put pressure on the opponent, it’s often Heavy Weapons Squads that can deliver the decisive blow.
These squads consist of gun crews who quickly set up their mobile heavy weapons to provide devastating firepower support for their advancing comrades.
This multipart plastic kit allows you to build three Heavy Weapons Teams, each consisting of paired Astra Militarum infantry soldiers operating a portable gun.
With a variety of options to choose from, including heavy bolters, missile launchers, mortars, autocannons, or lascannons, these teams can offer versatile close-range support with their adaptable loadouts of precise or indiscriminate firepower.
Heavy Weapons Squad Datasheets
What’s in the Heavy Weapons Squad box
Not only can you customize your team’s armaments, but the kit also includes a range of cosmetic options such as extra ammo, different heads, and various poses, giving you the ability to make each team unique. These teams can be fielded together as Heavy Weapons Squads or combined with the Cadian Shock Troops kit to form Infantry Squads with attached Heavy Weapons Teams.
In addition to the 127 plastic components, the kit includes three Citadel 50mm Round Bases and an Astra Militarum Infantry Transfer Sheet with 597 transfers featuring numerals, squad markings, and Cadian regimental heraldry.
As with all miniatures, these models are supplied unpainted and require assembly using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Colour paints for the best results.
With these Heavy Weapons Teams in your army, you’ll be sure to dominate the battlefield with devastating firepower.
- x3 sprues with 127 pieces
- x3 Citadel 50 mm Round Bases
- x1 Astra Militarum Infantry Transfer Sheet with
How to paint the Heavy Weapons Squad in 15 steps
- Clean and assemble the miniature as per the instructions provided by Games Workshop.
- Prime the miniature with Chaos Black spray primer. This provides a good base for the other paints to adhere to.
- Use the Medium Base Brush to paint the armor plates with Leadbelcher. Be careful to avoid other areas of the miniature, as you don’t want to accidentally paint over any details.
- Use the Small Drybrush to apply a highlight of Dawnstone to the edges of the armor plates. This helps to give them a metallic sheen and adds depth to the model.
- Use the Medium Base Brush to paint the cloth areas with Mechanicus Standard Grey.
- Use the Small Layer Brush to highlight the cloth areas with Administratum Grey. Apply the paint to the raised areas of the cloth to make it stand out.
- Use the Medium Base Brush to paint the weapon barrels and the metal parts with Abaddon Black.
- Use the Small Drybrush to highlight the weapon barrels and metal parts with Dawnstone. Apply the paint to the edges of the metal parts to create contrast.
- Use the Medium Base Brush to paint the weapon grips and other details with Balthasar Gold.
- Use the Small Layer Brush to highlight the gold details with Fire Dragon Bright. Apply the paint to the edges of the gold details to make them stand out.
- Paint the lenses of the weapons with Mephiston Red.
- Use the Small Layer Brush to highlight the lenses with Evil Sunz Scarlet. Apply the paint to the center of the lenses to make them appear brighter.
- Apply Agrax Earthshade to the entire miniature. This will add shading to the recesses and help to bring out the details.
- Use the Small Drybrush to drybrush the entire miniature with Dawnstone. This will help to highlight the edges and create even more depth.
- Apply Nuln Oil to the recesses of the miniature, including the lenses and other details. This will add further shading and help to bring out the details.