Blood Angels Red is a vibrant and rich paint from Citadel Colour that’s perfect for painting miniatures. It has a smooth texture and is made from high-quality acrylic pigments that provide excellent coverage with a matt finish. As a base coat, it can serve as a foundation for creating different shades of red and highlights for other colours in a beginner’s palette. The paint’s consistency makes it easy to apply, and it has good adhesion to surfaces, making it ideal for miniature painting projects.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Blood Angels Red
Blood Angels Red is a vibrant and eye-catching colour that can be used to paint a wide range of armies in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here are three Armies of the Imperium that would look great with Blood Angels Red as a prominent colour:
- Blood Angels – As the name suggests, the Blood Angels Space Marine chapter wears red armour and is a perfect fit for this paint. These powerful warriors specialize in close combat and have a rich and storied history in the lore of Warhammer 40K.
- Adeptus Mechanicus – The red robes of the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus would contrast nicely with the metallic components of their armour and machinery. These armies are known for their advanced technology and reliance on machines rather than flesh and blood soldiers.
- Astra Militarum (Imperial Guard) – The Astra Militarum is the main fighting force of the Imperium, and their uniforms typically feature a lot of red. A red accent on tanks and infantry would tie the army together and create a striking and cohesive look.
Blood Angels Red Colour Schemes & Combinations
- Warpstone Glow – a vibrant green paint that can be used as a highlight for the armor of Blood Angels or as an accent color for weapons or details. This paint belongs to the green hue family, which is complementary to the red hue of Blood Angels Red according to the color theory. The combination of these two colors provides a high contrast and visually pleasing balance to the miniature.
- Retributor Armor – a gold metallic paint that can be used as a highlight for the armor or as an accent color for details. This paint belongs to the metallic hue family, which is a split-complementary to the red hue of Blood Angels Red according to the color theory. The metallic finish of Retributor Armor provides a shiny and reflective quality that adds visual interest and depth to the miniature.
- Abaddon Black – a deep black paint that can be used as a shadow for the armor or as a basecoat for details. This paint belongs to the black hue family, which is analogous to the red hue of Blood Angels Red according to the color theory. The use of Abaddon Black provides a darker and dramatic contrast that can emphasize the highlights of the miniature and create a dynamic color combo.