The Death Guard Green paint from Citadel Colours is a sickly, putrid shade that perfectly captures the diseased and corrupted nature of the Death Guard faction.
Its slimy, nauseating hue slithers across surfaces like a venomous serpent, leaving a trail of decay in its wake.
Whether used as a base coat or for shading and highlighting, this paint is a must-have for any hobbyist looking to create a truly foul and repulsive effect on their models.
What armies to paint with Death Guard Green?
We chose the armies below based on their overall aesthetic and the potential for Death Guard Green to add depth and contrast to their appearance.
Whether you want to create a truly foul and repulsive look for your Death Guard or give your Orks a unique twist, Death Guard Green is a versatile and effective paint choice.
- Death Guard: The Death Guard Green paint is an obvious choice for painting the armor of Death Guard Space Marines, as it perfectly captures the faction’s diseased and corrupted nature. This paint is particularly effective for creating a slimy, putrid look on the models, adding to their sense of decay and rot.
- Nurgle Daemons: The Nurgle Daemons are another army that can benefit from the use of Death Guard Green paint. This paint is a great choice for creating a sickly, diseased look on the models, adding to their sense of corruption and decay.
- Orks: While not a traditional choice, Death Guard Green can also be used to paint Ork models to create a unique and eye-catching look. This paint is particularly effective for highlighting details and edges, adding to the overall sense of chaos and anarchy that is characteristic of the Ork faction.
Death Guard Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
Here is a list of Citadel Colour paints that can be used in combination with Death Guard Green to create a range of effects and styles:
- Celestra Grey: This light grey paint provides a striking contrast with Death Guard Green, creating a sense of balance and harmony. It can be used to highlight details on models painted with Death Guard Green, adding depth and dimension to their appearance.
- Mournfang Brown: This dark, earthy brown paint pairs well with Death Guard Green, creating a sense of decay and rot. It can be used to add depth and contrast to models painted with Death Guard Green, creating a sense of age and wear.
- Nihilakh Oxide: This metallic copper paint is a great choice for adding a touch of warmth and richness to models painted with Death Guard Green. It can be used to highlight edges and recesses, creating a sense of movement and energy.
- Ryza Rust: This deep, rusted red paint adds a touch of warmth and energy to models painted with Death Guard Green. It can be used to highlight details and create a sense of life and vitality amidst the corruption and decay.
The decision to list these specific paints was based on their ability to create a range of effects when used in combination with Death Guard Green. Whether you want to add highlights and contrast, create a sense of balance and harmony, or add pops of color, these paints offer a range of options for achieving your desired look.