Fulgurite Copper paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint that is specifically designed for miniature painting. It is a base coat that provides a solid foundation for layering and highlighting, with a metallic finish that helps to create a sense of shine and warmth. The pigments used in this paint are specially selected to provide excellent coverage and a vibrant, copper finish, making it perfect for creating the copper elements of your miniatures. It’s a beginner-friendly paint that will be a staple in your palette, specially when you’re looking for colours that will give your miniatures a sense of warmth and elegance. This paint can be used to create a sense of ancient, weathered and worn metal, giving your miniatures a sense of history and character.
What vehicle armies to paint with Fulgurite Copper
There are many different factions and armies in the Warhammer 40K universe, and each has a distinctive look and color scheme. There are some cars that stand out as being particularly well suited for painting with Fulgurite Copper.
- Imperial Guard Leman Russ Tank: The Leman Russ tank is the primary battle tank of the Imperial Guard. It is known for its rugged durability and heavy armor. Fulgurite Copper is an excellent choice for painting the copper elements of the Leman Russ tank, such as the exhaust pipes and the rivets, as it gives the tank a sense of aged and weathered metal, which perfectly fits the image of a well-used and battle-tested vehicle.
- Adeptus Mechanicus Kastelan Robots: The Kastelan Robots are heavily armored robots that are used by the Adeptus Mechanicus. They are known for their intricate and ornate design. Fulgurite Copper is perfect for painting the copper elements of the Kastelan Robots, such as the gears, wires and details, as it helps to bring out the ancient and weathered look of their machinery.
- Necron Monolith: The Necron Monolith is a massive, heavily armored vehicle that is used by the Necrons. It is known for its ancient and mysterious appearance. Fulgurite Copper is an excellent choice for painting the copper elements of the Necron Monolith, such as the hieroglyphs and details, as it gives the Monolith a sense of ancient and mysterious technology, which perfectly fits the image of the Necrons.
These vehicles were selected as Fulgurite Copper is a perfect color for the copper elements in their color scheme, and it will give them a sense of aged and weathered metal, which will make them stand out in the battlefield. Additionally, these vehicles have a lot of intricate details and machinery that would benefit from the weathered look of this paint.
Fulgurite Copper Colour Schemes & Combinations
When it comes to pairing colors with Fulgurite Copper, it’s important to consider color theory and the principles of complementary, split-complementary, and analogous color combinations.
- Genestealer Purple: Genestealer Purple is a dark, cool purple that pairs well with Fulgurite Copper as a split-complementary color combination. This pairing creates a sense of balance and harmony, while also adding a touch of eerie and mysterious feel.
- Auric Armour Gold: Auric Armour Gold is a warm, metallic gold color that can be used as an analogous color to Fulgurite Copper. This color combo creates a sense of warmth and energy, making it perfect for highlighting the details of the metallic elements of your miniatures and creating a sense of depth and dimension.
- Wild Rider Red: Wild Rider Red is a bright, warm orange color that pairs well with Fulgurite Copper as a split-complementary color combination. This pairing creates a sense of balance and harmony, while also adding a touch of energy and movement.
These colours were chosen as they are all colors that complement the aged and weathered look of Fulgurite Copper, and they are all versatile colors that can be used to create a variety of effects and moods.
They can be used to create shadows, highlights, and accents, and they can also be used to create different visual effects such as balance, harmony, depth and dimension. The use of these colors will enhance the aged and weathered look of the copper and make it stand out even more.