The Longbeard Grey paint from Citadel Colour is a versatile and sophisticated acrylic color for miniature painting. It is composed of finely ground pigments that provide a smooth and even base coat, with a matte finish that makes it an excellent foundation for further layering and highlighting. The Longbeard Grey has a balanced neutral hue that makes it a popular choice for infantry and tanks alike, as it provides excellent coverage and is ideal for use in painting all sorts of machinery, guns and armor. With its smooth application and rich pigmentation, this paint is a reliable and practical choice for beginner and experienced painters alike, and a staple in any palette.
What Armies of the Imperium to paint with Longbeard Grey
Longbeard Grey is a versatile paint color that can be used on a variety of armies of the Imperium in the Warhammer 40K universe. The decision to list the following three armies was made based on their common use of this color in their color schemes and the ease of application on their various components such as armor, soldiers, machinery, guns, tanks and infantry.
- Space Marines: Longbeard Grey is a staple color in Space Marine color schemes and is often used as the primary color for their armor and infantry. This color provides a solid foundation for the more vibrant colors that are often added to create a striking contrast and make the details of the miniatures stand out.
- Imperial Guard: Longbeard Grey is also a common color for Imperial Guard units. This color provides a neutral base for the bright colors used for the uniform and equipment markings, making them easier to apply and making the details more easily visible.
- Adeptus Mechanicus: For the Adeptus Mechanicus, Longbeard Grey is a great color for the metal parts of their soldiers and machinery, providing a neutral, almost industrial, base for their intricate detailing. The color can also be used to add shadows and highlights to other parts of the miniature, helping to bring out the details and make the mini pop.
Longbeard Grey Colour Schemes & Combinations
The blue, gold, and brown Citadel Colour paints that work well with Longbeard Grey were chosen based on their ability to complement and balance the cool tones of Longbeard Grey. The following are some of the best options to consider:
- Calgar Blue: Calgar Blue is a rich and vibrant blue that provides a great complementary pop of color to Longbeard Grey. When used together, these two colours create a harmonious and balanced color combo.
- Elysian Gold: Elysian Gold is a warm, metallic gold that provides a great contrast to Longbeard Grey. Its rich hue works well as a highlight color, bringing life and dimension to the cool tones of Longbeard Grey.
- Rhinox Hide: Rhinox Hide is a warm, earthy brown that provides a natural and grounding balance to Longbeard Grey. When used as a shading or edge color, it adds depth and realism to your models.
In conclusion, these blue, gold, and brown Citadel Colour paints have been chosen to complement and balance Longbeard Grey by providing contrast, warmth, and depth. By utilizing these colours, you can create a rich and dynamic paint job that is sure to impress.