Barak-Nar Burgundy is a deep, rich burgundy colour from Citadel Colours, a brand known for its high-quality paints for miniature figurines and tabletop games.
This particular shade is a warm, saturated red with a muted, dark tone, and is often used to paint the skin, clothing, and equipment of characters and units associated with the Dark Angels and other Space Marine chapters.
It is well-pigmented, easy to apply, and produces a smooth, even finish and is especially popular for adding depth and richness to Space Marine models in Warhammer 40,000.
What armies to paint with Barak-Nar Burgundy
Barak-Nar Burgundy is a colour that is typically associated with the Iron Hands Space Marines chapter in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. You can use this colour to paint Iron Hands models, or you can use it as an accent colour on models from other Space Marine chapters. Here are a few chapter colour schemes that you might consider using Barak-Nar Burgundy with:
- Iron Hands: As mentioned, Barak-Nar Burgundy is a common colour for Iron Hands models. You can use it to paint the shoulder pads and other armor details on your Iron Hands models.
- Salamanders: The Salamanders chapter also incorporates red into their colour scheme, so you could use Barak-Nar Burgundy as an accent colour on their models.
- Blood Angels: The Blood Angels chapter is known for their use of red, so you could use Barak-Nar Burgundy to paint the shoulder pads and other details on their models.
- Raven Guard: The Raven Guard chapter uses a dark blue and black colour scheme, with some red accents. You could use Barak-Nar Burgundy to add some red highlights to their models.
Barak-Nar Burgundy Colour Schemes & Combinations
Here are a few suggestions for colours from the Citadel range that you might consider using:
- Ultramarines Blue or Caledor Sky can be used to create a cool contrast with the warm tones of Barak-Nar Burgundy.
- Moot Green or Elysian Green could be used to create a complementary colour scheme with Barak-Nar Burgundy.
- Averland Sunset or Yriel Yellow could be used to add some brightness to your models and create a contrasting colour scheme with Barak-Nar Burgundy.
- White Scar could be used to add some highlights and details to your models and create a clean, crisp contrast with the rich tones of Barak-Nar Burgundy.
- Wild Rider Red or Evil Sunz Scarlet could be used as an accent colour on your models to add some warmth and vibrancy to your colour scheme.
Remember, these are just a few ideas to get you started. You can use Barak-Nar Burgundy with any Space Marine chapter that you like, and you can also use it as an accent colour on models from other armies in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The most important thing is to have fun and be creative with your painting!