The Nurgles Rot paint from Citadel Colour is a versatile and richly pigmented acrylic paint that can be used as a base coat to lay the foundation for your miniature painting projects. This paint has a distinctive, dark green hue with hints of brown, giving it a rusty and decayed appearance. With its smooth, matt finish, Nurgles Rot provides excellent coverage and is a great option for painting the putrid, rotting flesh of the followers of Nurgle in the Warhammer 40K universe. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned painter, Nurgles Rot should be a staple in your palette.
What Xenos Armies to paint with Nurgles Rot
The Nurgles Rot paint from Citadel Colour is perfect for painting some of the more grotesque and putrid factions in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here are three Xeno armies that can be painted with this color:
- The Tyranids: The Nurgles Rot paint is perfect for painting the carapaces of the Tyranid Warriors, the bony armor of the Genestealers, and the spiky tendrils of the Hive Tyrants. This paint will bring out the best in these monsters and help you recreate the sickening appearance of these armies from the Warhammer 40K universe.
- The Genestealer Cults: The Nurgles Rot paint is ideal for painting the blistered, infected skin of the Genestealer Hybrids and the rusted, decrepit weapons of the Aberrants. This color will give the Genestealer Cults a sickly, foul appearance that is sure to scare your opponents.
- The Death Guard: The Nurgles Rot paint is perfect for painting the diseased, putrid skin of the Death Guard Troopers and the rusted, corroded armor of the Blightlord Terminators. This color will help you to create the perfect visual representation of the armies of the Death Guard, the Chaos Space Marines dedicated to Nurgle.
Nurgles Rot Colour Schemes & Combinations
To complement the Nurgles Rot color, you can use the following purple, black and copper Citadel Colour paints:
- Purple: To highlight the unique and eerie quality of Nurgles Rot, consider using a strong purple color such as Genestealer Purple. This color will provide a complementary contrast and enhance the overall mood of the model.
- Black: To add depth and shadow to your models painted with Nurgles Rot, consider using a black color like Abaddon Black. This color will help define the details and provide a sense of decay to the model.
- Copper: To add a touch of metallic to your models painted with Nurgles Rot, consider using a copper color like Balthasar Gold. This color will add some brightness and shine to the overall look of the model and help balance out the darker tones.
Remember that these color combinations are only suggestions and the final look is up to your personal preferences and creativity. Explore different combinations and see what works best for your models!