The Sons of Horus Green paint from Citadel Colour is a high-quality acrylic paint specifically formulated for miniature painting. It is a rich, deep green color that can be used as a base coat or foundation for your miniature. The pigments in the paint provide excellent coverage and a matt finish, making it perfect for beginners and experienced painters alike. This paint is a versatile addition to any painter’s palette and will be sure to make your miniatures stand out.
What Xenos Armies to paint with Sons of Horus Green
- The Tyranids: This army is a perfect match for Sons of Horus Green as it is the primary color for the Tyranids’ carapace and armor. The deep green color is perfect for the majority of the Tyranid soldiers and machinery.
- The Necrons: The Necrons are another Xeno faction that would benefit from Sons of Horus Green. The color can be used to paint the Necron’s metallic armor and machinery, giving it a unique and striking appearance.
- The Orks: The Orks are a chaotic and unpredictable army in the Warhammer 40K universe, and Sons of Horus Green can be used to paint their armor, guns, tanks and infantry. The color will give them a unique and distinctive look, and will make them stand out on the battlefield.
I’ve chosen these specific armies as they are all Xeno factions and Sons of Horus Green is known for being a perfect match for their primary color for the armies’ armor and machinery. Additionally, I’ve taken into account the popularity of these armies among the Warhammer 40K community and the range of models available for them
Sons of Horus Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
The decision to list these specific paints was made by considering colour theory, specifically complementary and split-complementary colours.
- Moot Green: This color is a great choice for highlights on the Sons of Horus Green, as it is a lighter, more vibrant green that can be used to add depth and dimension to the models.
- Averland Sunset: This color is a great choice for adding an orange/copper accent to the Sons of Horus Green. It’s a warm colour that creates a nice contrast with the green and creates a nice balance in the colour combo.
- Ironbreaker: This color is a great choice for adding metallic accents to the Sons of Horus Green. It’s a dark metallic grey that can be used to paint weapons and other details, giving them a sleek, mechanical look.
Moot Green and Averland Sunset are both analogous to Sons of Horus Green, which means they are next to each other on the colour wheel and can be used together in a harmonious way. Ironbreaker was added as a metallic colour to add some variation and complement the colour palette. The combination of these colours will add depth, dimension and balance to the overall look of the miniatures.