As the Imperium teeters on the edge of annihilation, the insatiable Tyranid hive fleets emerge from the cold void, posing a dire threat to humanity. In this grim setting, the stalwart Space Marines serve as the last bastion of defense, shielding the Imperium’s embattled worlds from the ravenous alien menace.
Embark on your journey into the 41st Millennium with the Warhammer 40,000 Introductory Set. This comprehensive box offers an immersive and engaging introduction to the captivating hobby of Warhammer 40,000. You’ll experience the thrill of building and painting awe-inspiring models while immersing yourself in your first thrilling games.
The set includes two sets of push-fit models, a selection of hobby tools and paints, a high-quality game mat, helpful guides, tokens, terrain markers, as well as all the necessary dice and tools for gameplay.
Choose your allegiance, whether it be the noble Space Marines or the swarming Tyranids, and let the battle commence. Engage in epic clashes against a friend or family member, commanding your forces to victory and immersing yourself in hours of captivating entertainment.
Whether you’re a newcomer curious about the Warhammer 40,000 universe or an existing hobbyist looking to expand your collection, this Introductory Set provides an exceptional opportunity to explore the grim darkness of the far future. Seize this chance to unleash your imagination, strategy, and creativity in the thrilling world of Warhammer 40,000.
Datasheets for everything that you will find in this set
What’s in the Warhammer 40,000 Introductory Set box
- x1 48-page softcover Warhammer 40,000 Introductory Set Handbook – Includes construction guides, rules tutorials, and training missions to get you up to speed without hassles and headaches
- x16 plastic push-fit Citadel miniatures – This box includes two sets of miniatures to build, paint, and play with, all designed to be assembled without glue so you can get stuck in with minimal fuss. These miniatures are all supplied with their appropriate bases, and the box features:
- x5 Space Marines
Genetically-enhanced soldiers created for war. Their already-deadly skills are enhanced with power armour that amplifies their strength and endurance, and brutal weapons to utterly annihilate any foe.
- x5 Infernus Marines: Armoured troops who wield powerful flame weapons to keep swarming enemies at bay (supplied with x5 Citadel 32mm Round Bases)
- x11 Tyranids
Utterly alien creatures from a distant galaxy, driven by a gestalt consciousness. They desire nothing more than to consume all life, absorbing and reconstituting its biomass into ever-more-vile creatures.
- x10 Termagants: Scuttling hordes of simple Tyranid creatures, armed with weapons that project living ammunition (supplied with x10 Citadel 25mm Round Bases)
- x1 Ripper Swarm: Small beasts tasked with finishing off weakened enemies and picking their bones clean (supplied with x1 Citadel 40mm Round Bases)
- x1 30″ by 22.4″ double-sided gaming mat – A foldable paper playing mat that features different battlefield art on each side.
- x1 range ruler and x6 dices – These essential accessories are used in games of Warhammer 40,000 for movement, shooting, close combat, and more.
- x22 cardboard tokens and terrain markers – These tokens represent walls and objectives, plus activation tokens to keep track of your turns.
- x1 Citadel Starter Clippers – The perfect tool for removing your new models from the frame.
- x1 Citadel Colour Starter Brush – A great all-rounder paintbrush that will help you prepare your models for battle.
- x5 12ml Citadel Colour paints – Ideal colours for getting your models ready to play in the colours of the Ultramarines and Hive Fleet Leviathan, including:
How to paint the Warhammer 40,000 Introductory set
The paints we used to paint the miniatures in those guides are not included in this set.
However, this set comes with some basic options to paint your miniatures:
For the Tyranids, you can use Wraithbone to paint their skin/skeleton and Naggaroth Night to paint their chitin Armour.
For the Space Marines, you will paint their armor with Macragge Blue, the trim and gold details with Balthasar Gold. You can use Abaddon Black and Wraithbone for both armies, to paint details such as their eyes or weapons.