Aggaros Dunes is a Citadel Colour paint that provides a sandy beige color with a matte finish for your miniature painting needs. It is an acrylic-based paint with high-quality pigments that provide excellent coverage and durability. This paint can be used as a base coat or foundation color for a variety of models and is an ideal addition to any beginner’s palette. Its smooth consistency and easy application make it perfect for achieving a uniform and natural-looking sandy terrain on your models.
What armies to paint with Aggaros Dunes
As an expert in the Warhammer 40K universe, I can suggest three armies that would look great painted with Aggaros Dunes. Aggaros Dunes is a sandy beige color that can be used to achieve a desert-like appearance on the models. Here are my top picks:
- Astra Militarum – The Astra Militarum, also known as the Imperial Guard, is a vast army of soldiers that serve the Imperium of Man. The soldiers wear a variety of different types of armor, ranging from flak armor to carapace armor. The army also has a wide array of tanks and artillery, which can be painted to match the Aggaros Dunes color scheme. With the Aggaros Dunes color as a base, adding brown and green to the model can create a realistic desert camouflage pattern.
- Tau Empire – The Tau Empire is a faction of highly advanced aliens who possess highly advanced machinery, guns, and technology. The Tau soldiers are equipped with powerful plasma rifles and other advanced weaponry, and their vehicles and tanks are sleek and futuristic. Painting the Tau army with Aggaros Dunes can create a unique look for this faction, especially when paired with contrasting colors like blue or black.
- Necrons – The Necrons are a race of ancient, robotic beings that were once the rulers of the galaxy. They have a highly advanced arsenal of weaponry, including gauss flayers and tesla cannons. The Necron models have a lot of sharp edges and are often painted in metallic colors. Using Aggaros Dunes as a base color can help create a desert-themed Necron army, which is a unique look for this faction.
In making these suggestions, I took into account the factions and armies that are typically associated with desert-like terrain. Astra Militarum and Tau Empire are two armies that are commonly associated with desert warfare, and Necrons are a faction that could benefit from a unique color scheme. I also considered the types of models in each army, such as soldiers, machinery, guns, tanks, and infantry, and how they would look painted with Aggaros Dunes.
Aggaros Dunes Colour Schemes & Combinations
As an expert in Citadel Colour paints, I can suggest a list of grey, brass, and purple colors that can be used together with Aggaros Dunes to create an interesting and balanced color combo.
- Administratum Grey: A light grey color that can be used to create highlights on Aggaros Dunes models.
- Retributor Armour: A darker, metallic brass color that can be used for highlights and details.
- Naggaroth Night: A dark, almost black, purple color that can be used to create deep shadows and add contrast.
In selecting these colors, I took into consideration color theory and complementary and split-complementary colors.
Grey is a neutral color that can help balance out the more vibrant colors of brass and purple. Brass is a metallic color that can add interest and shine to models, and it also complements the sandy beige color of Aggaros Dunes. Purple is a bold color that adds depth and interest, and it creates a split-complementary color scheme with the yellow-beige hue of Aggaros Dunes.