Citadel Colour’s Akhelian Green is a deep, vibrant color that is perfect for creating a variety of aquatic effects. This water-inspired green has a strong pigment concentration and a smooth consistency, making it an ideal choice for both base coats and layers. It is an acrylic paint that dries to a flat, matt finish, which makes it an excellent option for creating a realistic look on miniatures, especially for those who are just starting with miniature painting. Akhelian Green offers good coverage and is part of the foundation colors for Citadel Colour, making it a versatile and essential addition to any miniature painter’s palette.
What Armies of Chaos to paint with Akhelian Green
Akhelian Green is a vivid and striking color that lends itself well to creating ethereal and otherworldly effects, which makes it a great choice for painting models of Chaos factions in the Warhammer 40K universe. Here are three suggestions:
- Slaanesh Daemons: Slaanesh is the Chaos God of excess and pleasure, and its Daemons are known for their alluring appearance and deadly grace. The Akhelian Green would be perfect for creating a sickly, otherworldly glow on their weapons and armour, highlighting the unnatural beauty of these beings.
- Nurgle Rotbringers: Nurgle is the Chaos God of decay and disease, and its followers are plagued with gruesome mutations and putrid afflictions. Akhelian Green would be a great color to use on their diseased flesh, creating an eerie, sickly hue that emphasizes the grotesque nature of these models.
- Tzeentch Arcanites: Tzeentch is the Chaos God of change and sorcery, and its followers are known for their magical prowess and flamboyant attire. Akhelian Green would be a great choice for creating an iridescent effect on their clothing and equipment, giving them a mystical, almost psychedelic appearance.
These factions were chosen because they all have a connection to magic, the supernatural, or the unusual, which lends itself well to the unique qualities of the Akhelian Green paint. By using this color in their painting schemes, hobbyists can create models that are both striking and true to the thematic elements of the armies they represent.
Akhelian Green Colour Schemes & Combinations
Akhelian Green is a bright, vivid green color that belongs to the green hue family. To complement and balance this color, we can use various other colors that belong to different hue families. Based on color theory principles, we can choose colors that complement, split-complement or analogous to Akhelian Green.
For a combination of blue, black, and silver Citadel Colour paints that can be used with Akhelian Green, we suggest the following:
- Kantor Blue – A dark blue color that complements the bright green hue of Akhelian Green. It can be used for shadows or as a base color.
- Abaddon Black – A deep black color that contrasts well with the bright green hue of Akhelian Green. It can be used for outlining or as a base color.
- Runefang Steel – A bright silver metallic color that creates a striking highlight when used with Akhelian Green. It can be used for detailing or as a highlight color.
The choice to include these particular paints was made using the color wheel and the concepts of color theory. Kantor Blue was chosen because it contrasts sharply with Abaddon Black, which is the complementary color to green.
The shiny tone of the silver Runefang Steel lends a pleasing balance to the mix. Together, these three hues provide a harmonious and aesthetically beautiful color scheme that goes well with Akhelian Green.