Within the vast war machine of the Astra Militarum, a well-organized command structure is crucial for efficient operations. Commanders are supported in the field not only by their trusted veteran Command Squads but also by specialized advisors from outside their regiment. These esteemed Regimental Attachés bring invaluable expertise, whether as naval experts capable of coordinating air support, artillery officers guiding the mightiest guns, or sanctioned psykers wielding their psychic powers.
Included in this kit are three meticulously crafted metal miniatures, each portraying a distinct Astra Militarum advisor for integration into your Command Squad. The Officer of the Fleet stands resplendent in a distinguished naval uniform, equipped with a holstered laspistol. The Master of Ordnance, utilizing a vox-system, expertly coordinates devastating strikes while carrying a holstered laspistol. Lastly, the Astropath exudes an air of mystery, draped in foreboding robes and wielding a force stave.
Regimental Advisors Datasheets
What’s in the Regimental Advisors box
- x3 metal miniatures, each meticulously crafted to enhance your Astra Militarum Command Squad.
- Officer of the Fleet: This metal miniature depicts an Officer of the Fleet, showcasing fine details and craftsmanship. Dressed in a distinguished naval uniform, the Officer of the Fleet adds a touch of authority to your Command Squad. Equipped with a holstered laspistol, this advisor is ready to lend their expertise in coordinating air support and naval operations.
- Master of Ordnance: A Master of Ordnance, a vital asset in the Astra Militarum’s arsenal. With a vox-system at their disposal, the Master of Ordnance excels at directing devastating strikes. The miniature captures the essence of this artillery officer, equipped with a holstered laspistol and radiating a sense of command and precision.
- Astropath: The Astropath miniature embodies the enigmatic nature of these sanctioned psykers. Cloaked in ominous robes, the Astropath wields a force stave, symbolizing their connection to psychic powers. This metal miniature brings an element of mystique and intrigue to your Command Squad, capable of channeling psychic energies to aid your forces.
- x3 Citadel 25mm Round Bases for the miniatures
How to paint the Regimental Advisors set
- Step 1: Basecoat the Miniatures
Start by applying a basecoat to the Regimental Advisors using a suitable color like Cadian Fleshtone for the Officer of the Fleet’s face and hands, Mechanicus Standard Grey for the Master of Ordnance’s uniform, and Abaddon Black for the Astropath’s robes.
- Step 2: Add Basic Colors
Apply basic colors to the different areas of the miniatures. Use Balthasar Gold for any metallic parts, such as weapon details and accessories, Mephiston Red for the Officer of the Fleet’s uniform trim, and Celestra Grey for the Master of Ordnance’s uniform highlights.
- Step 3: Highlight and Shade
Use a lighter shade of the basic colors to highlight raised areas and add depth. For example, apply Auric Armor Gold to highlight the metallic parts, Evil Sunz Scarlet to highlight the Officer of the Fleet’s uniform trim, and Ulthuan Grey to highlight the Master of Ordnance’s uniform highlights.
- Step 4: Paint Details
Focus on painting the smaller details of the miniatures. Use Eshin Grey for the Officer of the Fleet’s holster, White Scar for the Astropath’s force stave, and Screaming Skull for any additional small details or accessories.
- Step 5: Apply Washes
Apply washes to add depth and shading to the miniatures. Use Agrax Earthshade for the Officer of the Fleet’s uniform and accessories, Nuln Oil for the Master of Ordnance’s uniform and vox-system, and Drakenhof Nightshade for the Astropath’s robes.
- Step 6: Highlight and Final Touches
Go back and apply final highlights to areas that require additional emphasis. Use Liberal Use of Ushabti Bone for the Astropath’s robes, Liberator Gold for the Officer of the Fleet’s metallic parts, and Wild Rider Red for the Master of Ordnance’s uniform trim.
- Step 7: Base the Miniatures
Finish off the Regimental Advisors by basing them using suitable materials like grass, sand, or textured paint. Consider adding additional details like tufts of grass or small rocks for added realism.