The Stormraven Gunship is a versatile flying fortress that can transport troops into battle and unleash devastating firepower on enemy forces. It is heavily armed with a variety of weapons, including assault cannons, hurricane bolters, and a twin-linked lascannon. Its transport capacity allows it to deliver a squad of Space Marines directly into the heart of the action. With its combination of mobility and firepower, the Stormraven Gunship is a formidable asset for any Space Marine army.
Stormraven Gunship Datasheets
What’s in the Stormraven Gunship box
- x116 plastic components are all you need to make the Stormraven Gunship, a legendary aircraft that serves as both a dropship, an armored transport, and a strike craft for the Space Marines. This iconic vehicle is a symbol of the Adeptus Astartes’ overwhelming firepower and versatility on the battlefield. The Gunship comes with heavy bolters, assault cannons, plasma cannons, Bloodstrike missiles, and a modified magna-grapple, allowing the gunship to take on any enemy threat. But it’s not just about firepower – the Stormraven Gunship also features full interior detail, adding to the immersive experience of assembling and painting this incredible model. And with a clear plastic cockpit window, you can even catch a glimpse of the pilot and the turret gunner.
- x1 Transparent Flying Stem, giving the impression the gunship is actually flying.
- x1 Large Oval Base to stabilize the figurine.
How to paint the Stormraven Gunship Set
We are going to paint this miniature to fit in a Blood Angels Army.
- Step 1: Primer Coat
Begin by applying a thin, even coat of Chaos Black primer to the entire Stormraven Gunship. Primer helps the paint adhere and provides a consistent base for your colors.
- Step 2: Base Coat – Hull
Paint the hull of the gunship with Mephiston Red as the base coat. Ensure full coverage and a rich red color.
- Step 3: Shading – Hull
Enhance the depth of the red hull by applying Nuln Oil shade. Focus on the recesses and areas where shadows would naturally occur.
- Step 4: Layer – Hull
Highlight the red hull with Evil Sunz Scarlet, focusing on the raised areas and edges for a polished look.
- Step 5: Detailing – Metallic Parts
Paint the metallic parts like weapons, engines, and other details with suitable metallic colors such as Runelord Brass, Leadbelcher, or other metallic shades as desired.
- Step 6: Shading – Metallic Parts
Enhance the depth and shading of the metallic parts by applying Nuln Oil or Agrax Earthshade shade, depending on the desired finish.
- Step 7: Detailing – Chapter Insignia
Carefully paint the chapter insignia and other gold details with Retributor Armour.
- Step 8: Bases
Paint the bases with texture paints like Agrellan Earth or Armageddon Dunes, using appropriate earthy tones for a realistic terrain effect.
- Step 9: Varnishing for Protection
To protect your beautifully painted Stormraven Gunship and give it a lasting finish, consider applying a coat of matte varnish like Stormshield. Ensure the model is completely dry before varnishing.
- Step 10: Final Touches
Lastly, add any final touches, such as squad markings, additional decals, or freehand details to make your Stormraven Gunship truly unique and fitting for the Blood Angels chapter.