In the sprawling Imperium of Mankind, embroiled in eternal conflict and threatened by warp storms, the forces of Humanity fight desperately to survive.
But now, emerging from the depths of space, the insatiable Tyranid hive fleets pose an unprecedented threat. Standing as the last bastion of defense are the mighty Space Marines, guardians of the Imperium’s worlds.
Embark on an epic journey into the 41st Millennium with the Warhammer 40,000 Ultimate Starter Set. This comprehensive box provides everything you need to dive into the immersive world of Warhammer 40,000.
Unleash your tactical prowess with an array of stunning models, engage in thrilling battles on the included battlefield, and explore the rich lore and rules with helpful guides. Whether you choose the noble Space Marines or the relentless Tyranids, this set offers hours of thrilling entertainment.
Not only is this Ultimate Starter Set an ideal entry point for newcomers to the Warhammer 40,000 hobby, but it also serves as a fantastic expansion for seasoned collectors.
Share the excitement with a friend or family member by commanding the opposing army, and experience the thrill of strategic warfare firsthand.
Brace yourself for an immersive and unforgettable journey into a universe on the brink of destruction, where every decision matters and survival hangs in the balance. The Ultimate Starter Set is your gateway to the endless possibilities of Warhammer 40,000.
Space Marines Datasheets:
- Captain in Terminator Armour Datasheets
- Librarian in Terminator Armour Datasheets
- Terminator Squad Datasheets
- Infernus Squad Datasheets
- Winged Tyranid Prime Datasheets
- Psychophage Datasheets
- Von Ryan’s Leapers Datasheets
- Barbgaunts Datasheets
- Termagants Datasheets
- Ripper Swarm Datasheets
What’s in the Warhammer 40,000 Ultimate Starter Set box
- x1 72-page softcover Warhammer 40,000 Ultimate Starter Set Handbook – Includes construction guides, rules tutorials, and training missions to get you up to speed without hassles and headaches
- x1 72-page softcover Warhammer 40,000 Core Rules Booklet – Learn how to move your models, engage in combat, and win games. Also includes full rules for Combat Patrol games, a fast-paced, fully balanced version of the game where each side plays a pre-built army. The armies in this box can be used as full Combat Patrols for Space Marines and Tyranids.
- x44 plastic push-fit Citadel miniatures – This box is stuffed with loads of miniatures to build, paint, and play with. There are two starting forces in the box, with leaders, troops, and support elements – all designed to be assembled without glue, so you can get stuck in with minimal fuss. These miniatures are all supplied with their appropriate bases, and the box features:
- x12 Space Marines
Genetically-enhanced soldiers created for war. Their already-deadly skills are enhanced with power armour that amplifies their strength and endurance, and brutal weapons to utterly annihilate any foe.
- x1 Captain in Terminator Armour: A veteran of a thousand wars, ready to lead a strike force against any foe (supplied with x1 Citadel 40 mm Round Base)
- x1 Librarian in Terminator Armour: All the power of a Space Marine, combined with terrifying psychic powers (supplied with x1 Citadel 40 mm Round Base)
- x5 Terminators: Veteran warriors clad in nigh-impenetrable armour and armed with heavy weapons (supplied with x5 Citadel 40 mm Round Bases)
- x5 Infernus Marines: Armoured troops who wield powerful flame weapons to keep swarming enemies at bay (supplied with x5 Citadel 32 mm Round Bases)
- x32 Tyranids
Utterly alien creatures from a distant galaxy, driven by a gestalt consciousness. They desire nothing more than to consume all life, absorbing and reconstituting its biomass into ever-more-vile creatures.
- x1 Winged Tyranid Prime: A swooping conduit for the Hive Mind’s will, connecting all Tyranid creatures within close proximity (supplied with x1 Citadel 50 mm Round Base)
- x1 Psychophage: A massive, highly specialised monstrosity, eager to consume enemies with its horrific maw (supplied with x1 Citadel 100 mm Round Base)
- x3 Von Ryan’s Leapers: Mantis-like hunters that lash out from the shadows to ensnare unwary prey (supplied with x3 Citadel 32 mm Round Bases)
- x5 Barbgaunts: Living artillery slaved to their symbiotic weapons (supplied with x5 Citadel 32 mm Round Bases)
- x20 Termagants: Scuttling hordes of simple Tyranid creatures, armed with weapons that project living ammunition (supplied with x20 Citadel 25 mm Round Bases)
- x2 Ripper Swarms: Small beasts tasked with finishing off weakened enemies and picking their bones clean (supplied with x2 Citadel 40 mm Round Bases)
- x9 plastic Citadel modular terrain pieces – The border worlds of the Imperium are strewn with rugged structures, built following time-tested designs to withstand the ravages of war. These glue-fit plastic terrain pieces are designed to bring your tabletop to life, and include the following:
- x1 STC Hab-bunker: A rough-and-ready shelter, mass-produced for use on many Imperial worlds
- x8 Stockades: Spike-lined defensive walls that can be arranged and combined in a variety of ways
- x2 reference sheets – One for each army, including simplified datasheets for each unit that will help keep your games running smoothly.
- x2 30″ by 22.4″ double-sided gaming boards – Two heavy card game boards, with different battlefield art on each side, that can be folded for easy transport. Combine them for an expansive playing field.
- x2 range rulers and x10 six-sided dice – These essential accessories are used in games of Warhammer 40,000 for movement, shooting, close combat, and more.
How to paint the Warhammer 40,000 Ultimate Starter set
Warhammer 40,000 Ultimate Starter Set FAQs
What is needed to play Warhammer 40k?
To play Warhammer 40k, you will need a few essential components. The Warhammer 40,000 Ultimate Starter Set contains everything you need to play the game: Rulebooks / Indexes, Two complete armies (you will need to buy paints separately to paint them), Terrain, Dice and Measuring Tools. You will also need a surface big enough to play the game on and someone to play against.
Can I play Warhammer 40k by myself?
Yes, you can play Warhammer 40,000 by yourself. While the game is typically played against another person or a group of players, there are solo gameplay options available that allow you to enjoy the game on your own. These solo gameplay options are often referred to as “solo play” or “solo missions.”
How big can a Warhammer 40k army be?
The size of a Warhammer 40,000 army can vary depending on the specific game format and the preferences of the players involved. The game provides guidelines and recommendations for army sizes, but ultimately, it’s up to the players to decide the size of their armies based on factors such as available time, desired game length, and personal preferences.
Is Warhammer 40k hard to play?
Warhammer 40,000 can have a steep learning curve, but it is accessible to players of various skill levels. The game’s rules can be intricate, but simplified versions are available in starter sets. Building balanced armies and making tactical decisions require strategic thinking and understanding of unit interactions. The hobby aspect of collecting and painting miniatures adds complexity but can be enjoyable. With practice, learning resources, and support from the community, Warhammer 40,000 can provide rewarding gaming experiences