Plague Marines, dedicated followers of Nurgle, embody the grotesque and decayed. Their putrid bodies reek of decay, oozing with corrosive slime that eats away at armor and flesh. Despite their repulsive appearance, they are formidable warriors, their minds hardened against the pain and debilitation caused by their own bodily corruption.
This multipart plastic kit allows you to assemble a Plague Marine Icon Bearer, a unique and significant figure. Armed with a boltgun and accompanied by a plague knife secured to his backpack, he carries the solemn burden of the Icon of Despair. Crafted in the image of Nurgle’s symbol, the icon is adorned with a skull and a helmet, adding a macabre touch to its design. The Icon Bearer’s armor shows signs of cracking and rusting, a testament to the overwhelming corruption that envelops him. From gaps in his right leg, repulsive tentacles writhe and ooze, showcasing the extent of his transformation. Strapped to the front of his armor are four krak grenades, ready for use in battle. Additionally, an unsettling detail reveals a decaying severed head hanging from his belt, serving as a gruesome trophy.
What’s in the Plague Marine Icon Bearer box
- x5 plastic components that make this Proud Icon Bearer, an elite option for your Chaos Space Marine armies.
- x1 Citadel 32mm Round base
How to paint the Plague Marine Icon Bearer set
- Step 1: Begin by applying a base coat of dark green on the Plague Marine Icon Bearer’s armor using colors like Caliban Green or Waaagh! Flesh.
- Step 2: Paint the rotten flesh areas with a sickly pale green, such as Death Guard Green or Moot Green, leaving the recesses darker for added depth.
- Step 3: Use a rusty brown, like Mournfang Brown or Rhinox Hide, to paint the weathered and corroded areas of the armor, such as cracks, rusted edges, and exposed metal.
- Step 4: Add details to the miniature by painting the tentacles on the right leg using a vibrant pink or purple shade, such as Emperor’s Children or Genestealer Purple, for a contrasting effect.
- Step 5: Paint the Icon of Despair on the bearer’s back with a mixture of muted greens and browns, adding highlights and shadows to give it a worn and weathered appearance.
- Step 6: Apply a wash of Agrax Earthshade or Nuln Oil over the entire miniature to bring out the recessed details and add depth to the colors.
- Step 7: Highlight the raised edges and surfaces of the miniature with lighter shades of the base colors, such as Warpstone Glow for the armor or Ogryn Camo for the rotten flesh.
- Step 8: Paint the accessories, such as the boltgun, plague knife, and grenades, with metallic shades like Leadbelcher or Runelord Brass, and add additional details like the rotting severed head using appropriate flesh tones.
- Step 9: Finish the miniature by painting the base in a suitable color, such as a dark brown or muddy texture, and add any additional details or effects like blood splatters or toxic slime.