This Space Marines collection starter box includes three plastic Assault Intercessor models with distinct dynamic poses, ready to take on any enemy. The box also comes with all the necessary paints and a brush to get you started, and the models are push-fit, requiring only clippers for assembly and no glue.
Each model is equipped with a heavy bolt pistol and an Astartes chainsword, and one of them is depicted throwing a frag grenade. The armor and detailing on the models are consistent with the rest of the Assault Intercessors in the range, allowing you to easily add to your squad without any mismatched appearances.
Assault Intercessors Datasheets
What’s in the Space Marines: Assault Intercessors + Paints Set box
- x3 Assault Intercessors that come in three distinct poses. They are made out of 17 plastic components which are also push to fit and don’t require any glue.
- x6 12ml pots of paint, which includes essential colors required to paint your Intercessors as Ultramarines, and a Technical paint that allows you to create textured bases. The colors include Macragge Blue, Balthasar Gold, Corax White, Abaddon Black, Agrax Earthshade, and Astrogranite.
- x1 Citadel Starter Brush is included in the kit, which will help you get started quickly.
- x3 Citadel 32mm round bases.
How to paint Space Marines: Assault Intercessors
- Step 1: Prime the miniatures
Start by priming the Assault Intercessor miniatures with a suitable primer(all primer sprays here). Use Chaos Black or Corax White for a dark or light base, respectively.
- Step 2: Basecoat the armor
Apply a basecoat to the armor plates using a suitable color. For example, use your Macragge Blue for a classic Space Marine look. Ensure even coverage across all the armor surfaces.
- Step 3: Paint the details
Next, focus on the smaller details of the miniatures. Use Abaddon Black for the belts, bolter casings, and other black areas. Use Balthasar Gold for any metallic elements like weapons or accessories. If you want a better metallic option wich is not included in the set give Retributor Armour a try.
- Step 4: Highlight the armor
To add depth and highlights to the armor, carefully apply a lighter shade of the base color to the raised edges. For example, edge highlight the Macragge Blue with Calgar Blue or Fenrisian Grey.
- Step 5: Add chapter-specific details
Based on your chosen Space Marine chapter, add the appropriate chapter symbols, squad markings, and iconography using the respective colors. For example, if painting Blood Angels, use Mephiston Red for their iconic symbols, but in our case we are going for an Ultramarines look, so you can use the Corax White that’s included for this. White Scar is an option too.
- Step 6: Apply wash for shading
Use Agrax Earthshade to add shading and depth to the recessed areas of the miniatures. Apply it carefully to avoid pooling or excessive darkness.
- Step 7: Paint the accessories and weapons
Pay attention to the accessories and weapons of the Assault Intercessors. Use appropriate colors to paint the grips, scopes, barrels, and other details. For example, use Leadbelcher for the gunmetal parts.
- Step 8: Finish with details and basing
Complete the miniatures by adding final touches. Paint the eyes if you want a more detalied look with a contrasting color, such as White Scar. After this you can paint the base with Astrogranite
- Step 9: Optional: Varnish for protection
If desired, apply a clear coat of varnish, like Citadel Munitorum Varnish, to protect the painted miniatures from wear and tear.